Where can I buy NESDR SMArt v5?
NESDR SMArt Bundle: RTL-SDR Bundle with 3 antennas (SKU 100700):
Or search your local Amazon for product ID: B01GDN1T4S
NESDR SMArt SDR: RTL-SDR (SKU 100701):
Or search your local Amazon for product ID: B01HA642SW
What are the important differences between v4 and v5?
- HF frequencies are now natively available through direct sampling (Q-branch) without any hardware or software modification required. The tuning range has been expanded down to 100kHz, so the entire frequency capability of the device is now 0.1MHz-1750MHz
- Improvements to the SNR and noise floor in VHF and UHF
- A reduction in the spurs and harmonics visible in the spectrum, resulting in easier tuning and better performance
- Compared with RTL-SDR v3, HF SNR is improved by up to 15dB, VHF & UHF SNR is improved by up to 6dB and tuning accuracy is improved by an average of 4x
- For more information, please refer to the product datasheet: https://www.nooelec.com/datasheets/100700
How do I know if I have a v5?
NESDR SMArt v5 was 'soft launched' in mid-2021--we delayed the official release until we were certain that supply chain issues were under control--so they are already in the hands of many customers!
You can verify you have a v5 by checking the bottom of the device and looking for the v5 logo. If you do not see a logo, you have a version between v1 and v4.
NESDR SMArt Release Video: