These are the most common issues that our customers encounter when installing the drivers for their NESDR on their Windows PC. If you are using a different operating system, please contact our Customer Support team for assistance with the driver installation process.
I cannot see my NESDR device in Zadig (for Windows users).
This is a pretty common problem with a simple solution! Follow these steps:
- Check your computer's Device Manager (if using Windows) to make sure that the computer sees the device is plugged in. The name of the device will often be "Unidentified USB device".
- Go back to Zadig, click on the "Options" menu, and make sure there is a check-mark next to "List All Devices".
- Now, check the devices drop-down menu again to see if the device is listed. It may be listed as "Bulk-In Interface". If there are multiple "Bulk-In Interface" devices, select Interface 0.
- If you still do not see the device, go back to the "Options" menu and remove the check-mark next to "Ignore Hubs", and then repeat Step 3.
If after following these steps you still do not see the NESDR in the Zadig menu, or your computer is not recognizing the NESDR at all, please contact our Customer Support team.
I have accidentally installed the driver to Bulk-In Interface 1.
Bulk-In Interface 1 is the IR portion of the SDR and running the drivers here will negatively affect the functionality of the device. Roll back the installation of all drivers on the device and start again.
Need help uninstalling the drivers? Here's some instructions:
- Go to the Start menu in the lower left corner of your screen, and search for "Device Manager".
- Find and double-click on the category under which your NESDR is listed.
- Double-click on the NESDR to bring up the "Properties" window.
- Click on the "Driver" tab.
- Click on "Uninstall" to completely uninstall the drivers on the device.
The installation of the driver keeps timing out/failing.
You may need to be logged into your computer as an Administrator in order to download this software. Other accounts on the same computer may not have the same privileges. Follow these steps to see whether you have administrative privileges on your computer:
- Go to the Start menu in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Click Settings -> Control Panel (you may also type "control panel" into the search field in the start menu).
- Open "User Accounts".
- Locate your User ID and check if you have "administrator" under your User ID.
If you are not an administrator, you need to contact the owner of the device to request to become one.
I am using Windows XP and the driver installer will not work on my system.
No problem! The NESDR is compatible, you'll just need to use the XP version of the driver, which can be downloaded here.
Need more help? Contact our friendly Customer Support Team using the Support chat window in the bottom-right corner of the page. One of our Customer Service Specialists would be happy to assist you!